Wednesday 19 February 2014

Developing sketches and planning book layout for Timothy Evans

I've stumbled a bit here... I'm finding that developing the sketches is going well but as soon as I have tried to bring the text and the images together into book form it's not working as well or as easily as it seemed to for my last book. I think it may be because this story has a lot more 'behind the scenes' information than I initially thought, while the last book was a bit more straight forward so it was easier for me to write the text. I feel like I'm getting really bogged down by the text, and its stopping me from progressing. I think the images I am creating so far are working, and I really just want to get on with making, printing and developing the images. However, the book format also seems to be restricting me. It's time to go and speak to the tutors.


I rushed the text here again, and I think the
title is a bit long as well. Needs to be re-drawn.
page 1 and 2 - The images look awkward in this layout, and the text doesn't compliment the image. Need to think how i'm going to address this problem.
page 3 and 4 - This double page works better than the other,
but I still think the structure is prohibiting me from
developing these images further.
page 5 - This is the last page I've drawn
as I want to talk to my tutors before
continuing. Again the space on this page
just isn't working. The text is cutting
into the page too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment