Sunday 6 April 2014

Formative Assessment and Finishing off the End of my Book - Completing the Dummy Book

The formative assessment went well, I showed them the first layer prints I had done, initial sketches and unfinished dummy book. I got 'excellent' for every criteria except 'synthesis' (making the project a whole) which I think means not finishing the dummy book yet and not knowing quite how it was going to look. Their comments expressed that I should definitely get the dummy book finished but other than that, just keep going how I am.

After the assessment I started finishing the dummy book straight away. Here are the final compositions and layout of the book. 

(I have not yet completed the final two pages - pg41 and pg42 - of Timothy's feet hanging as I would like my brother to model for me to ensure the last page ends with impact.)

Page 21 and 22 - These two pages explain what Timothy thinks is happening with Geraldine. Which is all a mae up story by Christie.

Page 23 and 24 - Timothy arrives in Wales, he bought Geraldine a Teddy thinking he'd be able to give it to her one day. Timothy's relatives confront him, none of them, not even Timothy know Beryl and Geraldine have been strangled.

Couldn't quite get the tie and rope drawn right so I used a tie and dressing gown rope to help me.
Page 25 and 26 - Timothy goes the the Police station and confesses to disposing of Beryl's body but not killing her, he protects Christie by making up a man in a cafe. The police don't believe Timothy.

Page 27 and 28 - Timothy tells the Police the truth about Christie. The house is searched and Christie questioned but nothing seems unusual about Christie. He had to re-bury one of his previous victims skulls as it had been dug up.

Page 29 and 30 - Beryl and Geraldine's bodies found in the washroom - Beryls in an alcove in the wall wrapped with a green and white checked tablecloth. Geraldine was found in a bundle behind the door.

Page 31 and 32 - Timothy is arrested, when he finds out about Geraldine, he admits to having done it due to  the shock and horror of his baby daughter not being alive..

Page 33 and 34 - Builders questioned but statements changed to ensure a straight forward case.

Page 35 and 36 - Timothy still believes that Christie will tell the truth in court. Christie told lies about every event that led to Beryls death ensuring all the guilt pointed at Timothy.

Page 37 and 38 - Christies past is brought up in court. He is painted as a very trustworthy hardworking man originally fooling the court into believing his past of crime was over.

Page 39 and 40 - The Judge's summing up of the trial incredibly bias towards Christie. The Jury found Timothy Guilty within 40 minutes "beyond all reasonable doubt" 

End page - Kept the back page very simple and factual. Sums up the book and ensures people know Timothy was innocent
I will now carry on cutting and printing my images!

No comments:

Post a Comment