Saturday 8 March 2014

1 on 1 Tutorial and Printing of Self Promo

Had a one on one tutorial on Thursday, it went well but there are a few things I need to change on my logo. He thinks that it should only be illustration as I should be clear about who I am and what I do, and I am an illustrator first, and only slightly design. He also feels the owl doesn't fit within the circle very well as it leaves some awkward dead space. So I have changed the logo to this:


This is the original design.
This is my new logo, the flower fills the space a lot better, and it
looks brighter and clearer.







Other than that he seemed happy so I printed, cut and folded it on Friday. Here's the results - I'm quite happy with it:

The two types of envelopes i sent out.
Created a stamp of my logo using the
laser cutter to print on the seem of the
envelope.



The book bounded by the sleeve.

Front page - 'Alix de Courcy's
little book of cuts'.


One inside of the book - pages 1 through to 8

Second inside -pages 9 though 16 and back page.
(2 pages hidden)




















Back page with my contact details.


This is hidden bit of the book, which holds it
all together.







I've decided to send them to Jonny Hannah (part of the brief), YCN, Financial Times, Print Club London, Agency Rush, SOMA Gallery, Wrap magazine, Wired magazine and Solent Showcase Gallery (to apply for the in-house residency artist over the Summer).

We also talked about my FMP and he agreed about the text and gave me some good advice about making the images and how to present them. I feel confident to start making the images now with three tutors opinions and advice.





No comments:

Post a Comment