Sunday 30 March 2014

Lino Cuts and first colour prints

Its been a really successful week! I have managed to cut and print 9 images (10 pages) this week! All have turned out really nicely and it's going a lot smoother than I thought so far! I have done a mixture of lino and wood cuts and printed them in the three lighter colours of various types of paper. Here are the first colour prints I've done so far.

First layer print, this will have the navy blue
as the second colour. It is the first time I have
tried to lino cut a portrait but so far it seems to
be working.
lino cut







Wood cut
















First colour print - blood red will be the second
colour for this one. I have chosen to invert
some of the images so there is a more interesting
change in images.
First layer print, this will have the nave blue as
the second colour. I have added 'he became'
wood cut

Lino cut
First colour print, navy blue will be the second colour
for this image. I really like the prints on black paper
and I like that I have to option of changing
the papers throughout the book.







































I did actually cut this one out, but it made
me realise how limp it looked in comparison
to the other images and cuts. It also broke so
I can't print it anyway.
Lino cut, This is the biggest cut I've done so far since I started lino cutting.
First colour print, this will have the blood red as a second colour. This is one of my favourite images and I can't wait to finish the second cut and print it.
wood cut
This will have nave blue as second colour.
Again I have inverted this image.



















lino cut
first colour print, this will have navy blue as its
second colour.


















lino cut
first colour print, blood red will be the second
colour. I have moved the keyhole down the
bottom right to add more atmosphere.























wood cut

first colour print - blood red will be the second
colour. I really like how the wood cut
gives a slight older dismantled image because
of chips etc. that happen while cutting.





















The tutors who have seen these prints are very happy with how they are going and have told me to just keep working hard and developing.

My plan for the next week, is to finish the dummy book so I know exactly how I'm ending the book, get a few more first cuts done and a few second cuts on the images i've already done if I have time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment